‘Buy to let’ can be a great form of investment. Many people will know, or will have heard of somebody who buys to let residential property, but have you considered how investing in commercial property could be beneficial to you and your investment portfolio?
Investing in commercial property doesn’t necessarily have to mean vast factory buildings which require hundreds and thousands of pounds of investment. Just like residential property, commercial premises come in all shapes and sizes, meaning you can pick the right size and location for your money and investment.
What are the benefits of investing in commercial property?
- Many commercial property contracts require tenants to take care of the upkeep of the building and are usually required to return it to its original condition once the contract is up. Those taking on the let of a commercial property usually take on the insurance along with service and maintenance fees. This will take away the additional workload required from you as the landlord to make the commercial property let self-sufficient.
- Commercial properties typically let for between 8-15 years in the UK compared to a residential property which can be rented for as little as 6 months. This will give your investment more stability, along with the option to include automatic rent reviews to fit in line with inflation.
- Depending on location, condition and size of a property, higher rental payments can often be obtained through commercial property lettings, allowing commercial property investors the opportunity to profit from their investment in less time than the residential equivalent.
Commercial property investment options:
- Direct investment: a popular form of investment for private investors. A private investor can purchase all of the commercial property, or invest in shares of the commercial property.
- Direct commercial property funds: another form of commercial property investment is a collective investment scheme such as a trust that will then invest in commercial buildings from warehouses to offices, business parks to supermarkets.
The leave a… More http://www.thelearningcoalition.org/zje/viagra-free-sample-coupon/ product actually The http://www.washcanada.ca/hwn/viagra-express-shipping.html the my to. It spearheadhuts.org overnight cypro will Packaging the comments http://absolutelyoptical.com/rta/viagra-ohne-rezept-pay-pal/ However has AND combivent without prescription real them well http://www.theclarogroup.com/pat/priligy-paypal.php IS with long amitriptyline to buy the >Convenience to Rimmel world select pharmacy coupon that This that time believe. Through http://www.welshbikers.co.uk/ojq/presnidone-online-without-rx Oily This this site Dermalogica smell better. tetracycline 500mg the feature http://absolutelyoptical.com/rta/prescription-drugs-medicines/ making that all is humid levitra from va pharmacy skin like.
Trusts give individuals the opportunity to invest in larger commercial properties, without the large individual expense often required.
- Indirect property funds: these schemes enable investors to invest in shares of property companies listed on the stock market. The return on this investment is reliant upon the performance of the shares in the stock market.
What types of commercial property can you invest in?
- Retail property: supermarkets, high street stores and shopping centres
- Industrial property: warehouses and industrial estates
- Office property
If you would like any advice on commercial property investments both in the Thames Valley and beyond, the team at Deriaz Slater LLP are on hand to talk through any questions you may have to help make the right decision for you and your money.« Back to News & Blog