Just like home insurance, commercial property & business insurance is an important consideration for every business owner and in some cases, can be a compulsory requirement for professional compliance. Insurance isn’t complicated to set up and policies can be tailored to your requirements. From Public liability, fixtures and fittings, to loss of rent, the correct policy will go a long way to ensuring you are properly protected should the unexpected happen, giving you peace of mind in the day to day running of your business.
Here are few tips from Deriaz Slarter to consider when you’re searching for commercial property insurance cover:
- Check when your property’s reinstatement value was last checked.
- Check the fine detail of your leases and ascertain whether, as a landlord, insurance reappraisal costs can be recovered from the tenant(s).
- If you are a tenant, ask your landlord to check reinstatement values as they can affect your insurance cover and your business.
- As a landlord, are you recouping the cost of your property insurance?
- Expect a better deal when insuring through your commercial property agent.
- If you are either a commercial property landlord or tenant, ask your agent to help advise you with the complexities of reinstatement insurance policies. They’ll be happy to help!
If you would to talk through your property insurance requirements, please do give us a call. We’d be happy to offer our advice.
« Back to News & Blog